Where is Camp Cayton?
- The Cayton Children’s Museum by ShareWell is at Santa Monica Place: 395 Santa Monica Place Santa Monica, CA 90401. The museum is on the third level of the mall next to the movie theater.
Where can I park?
- Parking is available in the City of Santa Monica’s Parking Structure 7 and Structure 8, immediately adjacent to Santa Monica Place. Structure 7 is located on Broadway, just west of 4th St. while Structure 8 is located on Colorado, just east of 2nd St. These lots are first come, first served. We do not guarantee parking nor do we validate.
- The first 90 minutes are free.
- $2.00 for the next hour and between $2.00-3.00 for each additional 30 minutes.
- $20.00 daily maximum on weekdays.
What are the hours for Camp Cayton?
- Camp hours are from 9:00am-3:00pm.
- Sign-In begins at 8:40am at the front desk of the museum
- All campers should arrive by 9:15 so we can start our day.
- Sign-Out begins at 2:30pm OUTSIDE the museum entrance.
- All campers must be picked up by 3pm unless they are registered for aftercare.
Is there aftercare or earlycare?
- Aftercare is offered at an additional cost from 3:00pm – 5:00pm, Monday - Thursday. There is no aftercare on Fridays.
- Aftercare provides an additional snack time, museum play, activities.
- There is no earlycare available.
FEES & REGISTRATION
How much does Camp Cayton cost?
- Camp Cayton is $475/week per camper. There are discounts for museum members according to tier level.
- Aftercare is $45/day or $155/ M-Th, No Fridays.
- We do not prorate camp weeks for any reason.
Are there discounts for camp registration?
- Yes, there are discounts for members of the museum.
Which weeks can I register for? Can I register per day?
- You are welcome to register for whichever week(s) work best for you, there is no minimum or maximum weeks a camper can attend.
- Camp Cayton does not offer per day registration during its summer program.
Are there scholarships available?
- Yes, Camp Cayton offers partial and full scholarships for qualifying campers. To apply, click here
- Scholarships are awarded based on a first come, first served basis, demonstrated financial need, and availability of space per week. We also offer partial scholarships for Military and First Responder families.
- Each scholarship covers the cost of tuition for one camp week (Monday - Friday, 9am - 3pm) and does not include the cost of lunch or aftercare.
- Each scholarship recipient will receive a maximum of one full week of Camp Cayton.
Is there a waitlist?
- Yes, once a camp week becomes full, you have the option to add yourself to the waitlist for that week. You will be notified if and when space becomes available. Spaces are first come first serve and being on the waitlist does not guarantee you a space in any camp week.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Cayton will issue a refund for cancellations made at least four weeks prior to the first day of camp less a mandatory $75.00 cancellation fee for up to four weeks of camps and an additional $25 per each additional camp week after 4 weeks.
- There will be no refunds for any camp week that is cancelled within four weeks of the start week.
- No refunds for aftercare.
- The Cayton Children's Museum by ShareWell reserves the right to cancel any camp week or aftercare if enrollment minimum is not met.
- Transfers from one week to another will be based on availability and must be made before any missed camp dates. Registration cannot be transferred to other individuals.
If my camper is sick can I be refunded for the day(s) they miss? Can they make up the day(s) another week?
- As unpredictable as it is, we do not refund for sick days.
- If your camper misses a camp day(s), it cannot be made up in a future camp week.
If I already know my camper will miss a day(s) of camp, can I get a prorated camp cost?
- Camp Cayton does not prorate camp costs if you miss or plan to miss a day(s) of camp or any other reason.
- If your camper misses a camp day(s), it cannot be made up in a future camp week.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
How does sign-in and drop-off work?
- For the security of your camper, each camper must signed - in and - out at the beginning and end of each day.
- To DROP-OFF and SIGN-IN: Park and walk campers into the Cayton Children’s Museum by ShareWell on the third floor of Santa Monica Place. Sign-in with Camp Cayton staff by the front desk, and then walk your camper to their designated camp room.
Can I stay with my camper at camp until they are settled?
- You are welcome to stay and play with your camper in the morning until camp staff announce that it is time to clean up.
- While we understand transitions can be difficult for both you and your camper, we highly recommend not lingering.
How does sign-out and pick-up work?
- TO PICK-UP and SIGN-OUT: Park, then meet Camp Cayton staff stationed outside of the museum to sign-out.During this time, Camp Cayton staff will bring your camper out of the museum to meet you!
Who can pick-up my camper?
- Authorized Pick-Up – Campers will only be released to authorized adults. Please be sure that any adults picking up your camper are named on your camper’s authorized pick-up list. Anyone picking up a camper must be prepared to show a photo ID. You can update the Emergency Contact and Pick-up Authorization anytime by contacting us or when you drop off your camper in the morning.
- If someone new will be picking camper up, let us know before they get there. Write down in the morning or email Marissa Ring with changes.
Who can come to camp?
- Camp Cayton is designed for children ages 3-8 years old.
- All campers must be potty proficient by the start date of their camp week. Potty proficient means campers are transitioned out of diapers, able to tell an adult they need to use the bathroom, use the toilet themselves, and wash and dry their hands.
- Camp Cayton staff is not responsible for changing diapers.
My camper has special needs/ is differently abled, can they come to Camp Cayton?
- Campers of all ability levels are welcome at Camp Cayton. We will do our best to accommodate and work with your family to provide the best experience possible for your camper.
- Please let us know if your camper will be attending camp with an aide or shadow before the start of camp as they will be required to pass a background check.
Can my camper be with their sibling/friend?
- Yes, there is space on the registration form to list friends your camper may have in camp.
- While Camp Cayton will do its best to accommodate these requests, we do not make any guarantees that friends will be placed in the same group.
- You can request that siblings be placed together. Please note that if they are different ages, one of the siblings may be placed in a group with campers that are older/younger than they are.
How do camp groups work?
- Campers are grouped according to age.
- The number of groups depends on the amount of campers registered for the week.
Who are your camp staff?
- All camp staff have previous experience working with young children, with backgrounds in early childhood, arts education, or specialties in relevant fields enhancing overall program quality and experience!
- The Cayton administers background checks for all museum and Camp Cayton staff.
- Camp staff members are trained in CPR/First Aid.
- To maintain quality instruction, camp staff to participant ratio is 1:6.
PACKING FOR CAMP
What should my camper wear each day?
- All campers must wear their Camp Cayton shirt each day.
- Each participant will receive one Camp Cayton T-shirt for each week registered.
- You may treat the camp shirt like a smock and wear it over another shirt.
- Previous Camp ShareWell and Camp Zimmer shirts are okay! Additional T-shirts are available for $10.
- If you forget a t-shirt, you will be required to purchase another one.
- All campers must wear closed-toes shoes.
- Campers should wear comfortable clothes that can get dirty.
Should I pack extra clothes for my camper?
- Yes, every camper should have an extra set of clothes with them at camp.
- Please pack an extra change of clothes (we recommend 2 sets of bottoms), to leave with us for the week. We’ll be making messes on purpose (with paint and water!), and by accident (because we’ll be so excited we forget how our bodies work!) Please label everything!
What food do I need to pack for my camper?
- Each camper must bring their own lunch to camp.
- Pack a nut-aware lunch.
- There is no refrigeration or microwave available for campers lunches.
- Each camper must bring a water bottle with their name on it.
- Water bottles will be refilled throughout the day.
- Please notify staff of any food allergies and any dietary restrictions.
- Camp Cayton will provide morning snack for all campers. These snacks will rotate between pretzels, crackers, and fruit.
Can my camper bring toys from home to camp?
- There are so many great ways to play at the museum, please leave toys at home.
- All toys/objects brought from home will be taken by camp staff for safe keeping and returned to the camper at the end of the day.
What is a typical day at camp? Do they go outside?
- A typical day at camp is comprised of activities, museum play time, snacks, and more activities!
- Camp Cayton is all indoors, and we do not go outside.
- Here is a sample daily schedule:
- 8:40-9:15am - Check-in & Drop-off
- 9:15-9:45am - Welcome & Camp Agreements
- 9:45-11am - Museum Playtime
- 11-11:30am - Snack
- 11:30-12:30pm - Theme-based activities
- 12:30-1:15pm - Lunch
- 1:15-1:45pm - Choice-based activities
- 1:45-2:15pm - Museum Playtime
- 2:15-2:30pm - Free Play
- 2:30-3pm - Pick Up
HOW TO REACH US?
Please do not hesitate to contact us!
Sara Choi: email@example.com 424-416-8352
Marissa Ring:firstname.lastname@example.org 424-416-8370
We look forward to seeing you and your little ones soon!